So last week our little joy school performed a nativity play at a retirement home, and it was great. Truman played Joseph and this year he actually wore the costume and played the part (last year he refused to put on a costume and crawled around on the floor). Then all of the kids sang some songs and handed out some Christmas cards they had made. All of the kids were so cute. And I was actually thinking that I had a pretty great kid.
But then the incident occurred...
We went out to our cars and started loading up the kids. While I was putting Truman's car seat in our car, I heard my friend Mary say, "Oh, No Truman." And a great fear entered my heart. Truman had scratched her car with a rock!!! TWICE!! I was no longer thinking that I had a pretty great kid! Yikes!! The roller coaster ride that we call motherhood.
But then the incident occurred...
We went out to our cars and started loading up the kids. While I was putting Truman's car seat in our car, I heard my friend Mary say, "Oh, No Truman." And a great fear entered my heart. Truman had scratched her car with a rock!!! TWICE!! I was no longer thinking that I had a pretty great kid! Yikes!! The roller coaster ride that we call motherhood.
2 comments:
It makes me smile when I hear of other kids being naughty. Makes me feel better about my own parenting to realize I'm not the only one with a wild child!
Oh Merry! Isn't it the worst when your child ruins other people's stuff! I mean, it just makes the situation so uncomfortable. I've been there too! Your family is great! And we would like to take you on in a game of Red Light/Green Light!
Post a Comment