Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blizzard 20-11

Oftentimes when I tell family and friends from areas west of here that our school is cancelled because of snow they laugh at us. And I used to laugh with them. People are kind of wimpy about the white flakes from the sky here.
However, after tonight I will not be so quick to judge.
The problem is not so much this stuff...
The problem is these people...
People just do not know how to drive in snow here. Also there are not enough snow plows and everyone is trying to get home at the same time. If someone was stuck, people behind them would try to go around, and then they would get stuck, and then someone would try to go around both cars, and they would get stuck, and so on until all 4 lanes are blocked, 2 of those lanes being blocked by cars going the wrong way. It was madness!!! I left the house at 7:15 pm to pick up Jack (and a few other people from church who were stranded) at the metro (there were no buses or taxis running and they didn't feel like sleeping there) we didn't get back until 9:30 pm. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to pick him up and get back.
Anyway it was an experience.
Good thing Truman put on every piece of outer wear he could find before we left the house.

2 comments:

Bidwell Family said...

LOL at truman. Safety first! I think he is my kid and not yours.

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I heard you guys are getting pounded with snow! That is madness! Good thing Trum had that foresight! I wonder if school is canceled for him today...maybe I'll try to call you!(when you wake up of course)