First of all, yes, I do, sometimes, call Nylons, stockings. That is what my Grandma Isaak called them and she was awesome. She also called her sofa "The Davenport", she wore "slacks" not pants, and her footstool was a "hassock". She also made a roasted chicken dinner every Sunday, could sew, crochet and knit beautifully, always had cookies in the cookie jar and Jolly Ranchers and Kraft caramels in the candy dish, would let her granddaughters wear her nighties (night gowns) to bed when they stayed the night, had the most musicals on video tape ever, she had a marvelous "dress up" box, she would call you "Twinks", would buy you which ever cereal you wanted when you stayed with her and she truly believed that you were wonderful. See, I told you she was awesome. By the way I never, ever, call "stockings" panty-hose because that is just an unattractive word. Don't you agree?
![]() | |
| Me and Grandma, circa 1978. Excuse the blurry photo of a photo, I was too lazy to get out the scanner. |
![]() | |
| Beautiful Madison!!!! |
And third of all, there is no third of all.


5 comments:
First, your grandma is awesome! Second, I don't think you meant to spell "hose" that way. Third, congrats on getting a PhD paid for in Madison no less!
Love this post. Is your Granny still with us?
yes, panty hose is a horrible word. my mom still uses the word slacks.
what a fun adventure to be in madison! congrats!
Ha! I call them panty hose!
GET VIRGINIA OUT OF YOUR VOCABULARY!!! Like, right now. You have been warned...again.
How exciting Mary!!! Taht will be so fun to go and re visit your old stomping grounds. Hope everything goes smoothly in the moving process.
Post a Comment